Travel documents

COVID 19 – To enter Fortune via the FERRIES

  • All passengers must fill in the ArriveCAN app in the three days before departure ; (paper format mandatory);
  • Travellers are authorized to enter or go back to Canada if they are considered fully vaccinated and must present their vaccination certificate (paper format mandatory);

In order to be consider fully vaccinated, you must:

· Have received at least 2 doses of a COVID-19 vaccine accepted for travels, a mix of two vaccines is allowed  or at least one dose of the Janssen/Johnson & Johnson vaccine

· Have received the second dose at least 14 civil days before your entry to Canada

For example, if you received your last shot at any time on Thursday, July 1st, Thursday, July 15th would be the first day on which you would respect this 14-days condition.

  • Not show any sign ou symptom of COVID-19

Starting April 25th 2022, at 12:01AM (Eastern Time):

Unvaccinated or partially vaccinated children from age 5 to 12 will not have to show the results of a negative test done before departure, if they accompany a fully vaccinated adult.

Unvaccinated or partially vaccinated children from age 5 to 12 will have to show the results of a negative PCR test done less than 72h before departure or an antigenic test done less than 24h before departure, if they accompany an unvaccinated or partially vaccinated adult.

Children under 5 do not need to do a COVID-19 test, no matter their vaccination status.

For passengers above the age of 12 years , unvaccinated or partially vaccinated :

– Obligation to have a compeling reason excluding tourism, leisure or entertainment

– COVID-19 test before entry to Canada are still mandatory (PCR test done less than 72h or antigenic test done less than 24h before departure)

– Obligation to isolate for 14 days after arrival.

Consult the Canadian Government website to find all the updated information :

SPM Ferries cannot be held accountable for the information provided as an indication.

COVID 19 – To enter Saint-Pierre and Miquelon via the FERRIES

Entry requirements for air travels and sea travels via a passenger ship (travels between Saint-Pierre/Miquelon and Fortune on the ferries) are similar.

  • For passengers under 12 years old : no vaccination proofs required
  • For passengers between 12 and 18 years old, complete vaccination course : 2 vaccine shots required

(paper format mandatory)

  • For passengers above the age of 18 years : a complete vaccination schedule : 2 doses of vaccine + 1 booster ( at the latest 9 months after the second dose)

 (paper format mandatory for vaccines / or proof of having been infected by covid-19)


For passengers above the age of 12 years, unvaccinated or partially vaccinated

It is no longer necessary to justify a compelling reason to travel to Saint-Pierre and Miquelon.



  •   either the negative result of a screening test carried out less than 72 hours before travel in the case of a PCR test, or less than 48 hours in the case of an antigenic test;
  •   or a Covid-19 reinstatement certificate dated less than six months ago.



Complete Vaccination Schedule :

– Vaccins Moderna, Pfizer, et AstraZeneca:

– 3 vaccine doses (2 doses + 1 booster shot if the second shot was done more than 9 month before departure)

– 2 vaccine doses if the second shot was done less than 9 months before travel

– OR for people contaminated by COVID-19: 1 vaccine dose + proof of COVID-19 contamination


WARNING : the vaccine is valid 7 days after injection


SPM Ferries cannot be held accountable for the information provided.

Consult the Préfecture of Saint-Pierre and Miquelon website, to find all the updated information :


·         You can make an appointment for a PCR test in Newfoundland by logging on to:



·         In Saint-Pierre and Miquelon, you have the possibility to make an appointment:

 In Saint-pierre

 For PCR test and antigenic tests :

–          At the Francois Dunan Hospital – Covid Hall (accessible from the door on the right of the Emergency Department) by appointment on the website or by calling the 05 08 55 14 17. Appointments are available as such:

o   Monday to Friday – 2:00 PM to 2:30PM

o   On Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays  – 10:00AM to 10:30AM

For antigenic tests only :

–          At the Dipito pharmacy by calling the 05 08 41 28 02

In Miquelon

  • At the Miquelon Medical Center by appointment by calling the 05 08 41 04 00


Admission to the territory

List of documents accepted for admission to our territory  (these documents must be currently valid):

For Canadian nationals:

  • a passport                       or for a stay not exceeding 90 days per 180 days and coming directly from Canada
  • a regular driver’s license
  • a regular ID card
  • a Certificate of Indian Status issued after December 15, 2009
  • a permanent resident card

The following documents are not accepted:

  • a citizenship certificate
  • a school or student card
  • a health insurance certificate, with or without photo (Quebec-Ontario)
  • a social insurance – MCP card
  • a birth or baptismal certificate

ALL other passengers must present a passport, with or without a visa, depending on their nationality**.

    **In case of doubt, contact the Border Police:

    From North America:                                                       From France:

     Phone:        011.508.41.15.55                                           Phone:  

     Fax :           011.508.41.24.79                                           Fax:                011.508.41.24.79

     or by email:

    Each child must also have his/her own ID


If you want to bring a pet with you to Saint-Pierre and Miquelon, please read the document at this link:

for bringing pets into the territory

Firearms transportation between Saint-Pierre, Miquelon and Langlade

SPM Ferries informs its passengers that firearms and ammunitions transportation is regulated.

Firearms have to be transported so that they are not immediately useable. They must be placed within a
soft or rigid holster.
In each and every case, firearms have to be unloaded and declared
during the purchase of the ticket.
In addition, weapons belonging to walk-on passengers
travelling aboard the ferries must be given to the operation service before entering the ferry
Regarding the trips of the Jeune France, firearms and ammunitions have to be
given to the crew. Firearms must never enter the ferry terminal.

Moreover, we advise you ammunitions are dangerous products. Just like any firearms,
they have to be declared to the operation service who will take care of them.

Ammunitions transported inside vehicles will not be moved.

For everyone’s safety, SPM Ferries reserves the rights to verify the holsters at any time. We thank you for your

You can pick up the declaration at our various selling point or download it online by clicking here.

Importing fresh foods, plants and animals to Canada

If you wish to bring fresh foods, plants or animals into Canada, please read the information at the following link

Automated Import Reference System (AIRS)

Exiting the territory

The requirement for a minor not accompanied by a person holding parental authority to have an exit authorization
permit (AST/autorisation de sortie du territoire) was reintroduced on January 15, 2017. This new measure applies to
all minors whose ordinary place of residence is France. It also applies to all trips, taken individually and in a
group (school trip, vacation camps, language program stays, etc.) involving a minor leaving French territory without
being accompanied by a person holding parental authority.

More information available on the website

information for children travelling to Canada

The Saint-Pierre and Miquelon tourism website offers
practical information to ensure that entering and leaving the Islands goes smoothly!

Please don’t hesitate to visit this link.